Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sleep & Such

I have had a good couple of days. Not really sure why. But every time I try to sleep I get terrible anxiety. Also my left eye has been twitching constantly. It's very strange.

 I kept having these strange thoughts about you. I have totally forgotten the name of your first boyfriend. Azad? Something like that. I briefly thought of writing to Robita, Payal and Radhika and asking if they remembered. Why do I need to remember this? In the grand scheme of our lives, he really didn't count. So why is it that I am obsessing at 1.00 AM about his name?

I have been thinking about that time in Pune when you took me to your school, on your bike. At some point I shut my eyes, because I was convinced a bus was going to run us down. When we were out of that mess, I told you, "Debooh, I was sure we were going to die". You very calmly looked at me and said, "Yeah, so did I". And I replied "OH MY GOD, THAT DOES NOT HELP REASSURE ME AT ALL". And then we laughed.

After we got to you school, I got off your bike and tore my pale blue linen pants in the process. Then for the rest of the day, we had to travel with a bag covering my torn pants. Fun times.

I remember how we joked that the waiters always gave me the bill. We were not sure why this happened, but we could always predict it. Or how you laughed at me when I used chopsticks at the Thai restaurant in Pune.

I miss you all the time. I have missed you  so much oft and on for the last two years. I didn't think after this year, I would really be even to tell the difference when you passed away. I thought I had become used to missing you. I was wrong. I can tell the difference.

As my best friend you should know that had it not been for Lisa, Gargi and Somshukla, I am not sure how I would have made it through this time. I wish I were able to call you and tell you this.




3 comments:

  1. pri..i'm obsessing abt his name now..it was not azad..i remember his face clearly..he always wore a cap..but god!! what was his name again???

    minti

    ReplyDelete
  2. mints, you knew her then? i know they met in DI and dated briefly. though i cant remember why they broke up either

    ReplyDelete
  3. his name was aziz...i was there when she was seeing him. all the fun times,i remember everything...was a major part of her life at this time...miss her alot....

    ReplyDelete