Monday, March 28, 2011

Being cool

I miss you all the time.

I was re-reading things I've written about you last night, and I remembered that summer when we realized we just couldn't be fashionably late. We were always on time. Even if we tried to be late, we'd get there before a party really started.

You and I both wore watches all the time. I think for a while you slept with yours on. I still do.

Remember the party where we tried to be cool but landed there early despite our best intentions. Then we needed to call our mothers to say we are coming home later than planned? Someone handed us a cell phone, and neither you nor I had seen one before and had no idea how to operate it. So we gave each other the 'look'. Over the years we have perfected the 'look'. It could mean different things at different times, but we always knew what it meant.

 I am not sure who invited us to this party, I think they were brothers. I remember  us thinking they were very cool. At any rate, they had cell phones and we didn't even know how to use cell phones. I bet you would remember their names. I don't.

Rohan commented on one of your pictures and said you were easily one of the coolest person he knew. I saw the comment last night. It was in the past tense.  Seeing things written about you in the past tense, makes me agitated. I also thought of the hundreds of times, we tried hard to be cool and it didn't seem to us that we were succeeding.

Clearly at some point you at least had succeeded at being cool.

Love you. Miss you. Wish you were here.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Pri, Sheri here (aka Hole Girl). Bear died tonight. I wanted so badly to tell the Lounge... especially since they always sent good vibes for him. Guess maybe it was stupid of me to request a TS. I don't know. I'm so sorry about your best friend. Your blog has given me an idea.. I will try to remember the good things about my favorite cat, Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. touching, simply heart pouring are ur posts. i landed here by ur tag hindi music, if really u like hindi music visit us on-http://musicalbloodpeople.blogspot.com/
    god bless ur friends soul and u too.

    ReplyDelete