Saturday, April 2, 2011

I am shitting! I am breathing!

Two nights ago I had two margaritas and was so drunk. Remember when we could have those endless rum  and cokes and not get drunk? What happened to me?

Anyway, so I had a night full of vivid dreams.  In one of those dreams I remembered, how Baba took you and your dad to the kabiraj. A trip to the kabiraj is always amusing, in a horrifyingly embarrassing way. You sit in a room full of people and he asks you if you are pooping and consistency and color of your poop. Horrifying stuff. Apparently you didn't know the formal Bengali word for pooping, and so your dad had to translate for you. Which really could not have helped matters.

Then he prescribes you a bunch of natural pills and such.

I remember when you went, you had trouble with acne and pooping. Ha ha! In comparison my breathing troubles seemed much less embarrassing. I think you stayed on the meds for at least a few weeks. 

Anyway, I distinctly remember this phone call. You and I were talking about the terrible visit to the kabiraj but we ended the conversation saying "I am shitting!" "I am breathing", then we laughed hysterically. The embarrassment had almost been worth it.

Love you so much. Miss you all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Gargi Pal ChaudhuriApril 4, 2011 at 7:12 PM

    this brings back so many memories... i remember when we were in Nainital she had problems shitting as well. i miss her so much. its little stuff that make me think about her. like the other day i walked past the baluchi on 56th street and i remembered that the first time she came down to the states and she was staying in jersey city and i was in the east village she had taken a path in and i had met her right outside the baluchis in the village and i think we had gone out till 7 am after that. i think we met u that night too...

    disgusting restaurant that...

    ReplyDelete