Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dear Universe

Dimma was hospitalized a few days ago. I woke up in the morning with a text message for Subho, and as usual I sort of reached out to text you. It's so strange that I still do that. It's been two months already.

I want to write a letter to the universe to please spare Dimma. I cannot take a second major loss this year. I really just cannot. I know she's old and has had a glorious life, but I can't lose her now.

I am doing as well in school as I would like to. I wish I could talk to you about this. I feel disengaged from things around me.

I miss you all the time but I don't even know what to write about. I want to write but sometimes I just am too tired of thinking about your death to write you, or about you.

I've been thinking about your tattoo a lot for some reason. I found the right place for it.

India won a cricket match, I remembered how when we were kids you used to support Pakistan. They had cuter players.

I love you.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this letter i can only say that "Only Letters can state our True inner feelings"....




    Friendship Letters

    ReplyDelete