Monday, February 14, 2011

Chicken Pox

When you had chicken pox, how old were we 15? or 14? You still lived in the old house, the one I could never find my way to. I remember vividly when you told me, you feel bad about your chicken pox, because i convinced you that you were beautiful. Apparently the marks on your face would have been easier to deal with if I hadn't convinced you that you were beautiful

Well I am glad I convinced you of this. You are beautiful.

I thought of this call near your wedding day, when you held a tikli on your head, I saw you look in the mirror, and you saw a beautiful girl.

When your cancer took your breast, I remembered this call. When the chemo caused your body other changes, I remembered this call.

I remembered it the day when you cringed when I held a earring against your ear.  It was in October, you were in pain, the earrings were white. You didn't see yourself as beautiful anymore. It broke my heart. But you were, to me, you really were.  I wish I had told you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment