Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For Men May Come and Men May Go....

Couple days ago we were watching Law and Order: SVU and it was a show about stalkers,which made me think back to high school when I had a stalker. He would follow me all over the place and pledge his undying love to me. Rajiv Roy, maybe? I may have the name wrong, but he was creepy as hell. Used to send me these ugly dried flowers and hundreds of cards. Anyway he used to call you his sister and ask you to convey messages of creepy-love to me. It was all so weird, and to top it all he was an alcoholic at 17. Awful.

What made it all stranger, is when you went to Pune the same boy started stalking you. You went from sister, to love of his life. He started sending you the cards and the bad poetry and ugly flowers. When you told me this story, I didn't know whether to laugh first or feel extreme sympathy. I laughed and then sympathized.

I remember how we referred to a lot of the boys as murgi's. Mostly you said "priyanka, find us a murgi to drive us"  Why didn't we ever drive in calcutta? Maybe because there was an abundance of murgi's. I can't even remember who these murgi's were, just that mostly when we got to the clubs, we danced with each other and our friends and routinely ignored whichever murgi had brought us there. Poor Murgi's.

We had agreed that whatever summer you finally came down here, I would get married to Lisa. Maybe, we would all make a day trip to Boston. The details were less important, I don't really care much, I just wanted you there. I don't know that I can make that trip without you. I've been postponing it for so long, in the hopes that you would be there. I don't know if I have the heart to do it without you. I was there for yours, you should be here for mine. Love you. 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet and sad. I am sorry for your loss, Pri and I am sorry about loss in general for reminding us too late what is good in life.

    ReplyDelete