Sunday, February 13, 2011

Skinny Girl

For how skinny you are, i have hundreds of food memories about you, that flash through my brain. To watch you toward the end not eating, broke my heart.

You ate all the chocolate cakes i baked when i was 13 -14. Even the ones that didn't rise. For a skinny girl you sure loved chocolate cake.

I remember the French restaurant in Pune, across from your aunt's. Or how mashi used to make macher kochuri for me, cos you refused to eat them. They were delicious.

I remember us going out dancing, coming home and eating the luchi/alubhaja that dida's cook made for us. We were hot back then and somehow we could share clothes. As Arun put it, one of us had no tits, the other no inhibitions.

I remember the time you were leaving for Pune, and I was really sick but we celebrated with a small cake from Cookie Jar and a bottle of Port. There is a picture on my wall of that day, with you, Maya, Minti and me.

4 comments:

  1. talking abt food.....did you guys know that when I was with Debu in Pune for a couple of months(I was at Fergusson's college with her before I came back to Cal and JU)..we would hitch-hike back home (to her Pishi's place, where I was staying as a paying guest) just so we could save 12 - 15 bucks so that we could go back to college the next day and eat Vada Pao at the canteen!!!!!.....Everyday we would wake up...get ready for college...and while we were eating the awesome breakfast her pishi had made we would be checking out what was for lunch!!.....and even though we both ate as much(which was a hell of a lot!!!) she bloody never put on any extra weight in those 2 months while I pretty much resembled a beached whale by the time I got back to Cal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also this one time we were invited to someone's birthday bash to some pizzeria in Pune and we happily went and hogged and hogged and then when the bill arrived everyone started taking money out we realised it was a 'going dutch' situation......for chrissake we hardly knew the chick who's b'day it was......how we bitched and bitched all the way back home....!!! If only someone had filled us in on the 'dutch' situation we would've just stayed home!! Or at the most just eaten less!!!.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Pri.....They're so hilarious I have tears streaming down my face every time I read 'em......I didn't realise this comment even got posted.....I thought it had been lost in cyberspace....but I'm glad it's here.....I don't have as many memories as you but I still wanna collect and keep every single drop....I love and miss her too.....her number's still on my phone and I check her FB everytime I'm on FB....

    ReplyDelete