Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kit-Kat

I worried that with you gone, thousands of my memories are also gone. Things that only you knew about me, memories you carried for me. All gone. Yours however, punch me in the gut. But i am afraid of them slowing fading, with nothing new to renew them with. Like what if i forgot how much you loved kit-kat when we were in our teens? it's not like i have some new food group to replace them with.

Also despite what i said in my eulogy, i now realize i have memories before rum-drinking at ICSE. I think my first real memory of you is when you started crying because our 7th grade teacher called Robita a bully. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. You weren't my best friend then but it's the first memory.

I remember the day, you made me your best friend. It was in a True Confessions book, in 8th Grade on the last row, near the window. You upgraded me from good friend to best friend. I remember very clearly, because I had been hoping that you do. I wasn't about to do it first, because I was scared of rejection and your feelings are more mysterious than mine.

1 comment:

  1. My first memory of you is sitting at Maddox Square checking out the boys!!....I remember you liking this really 'leba' type boy whom we (Mints you and me) nicknamed Lebu!!! ....So it was like Debu weds Lebu all through the puja's that year.....I can't remember which year though....

    ReplyDelete